Omnia Skin Rejuvenation: Pre and Post Care
Prep Care (what to do before your appointment):
- Avoid sun exposure (apply sunscreen daily and do not tan at all – including self-tanner) for 4 to 6
weeks before and after treatments.
- Do not use any retinol products (or products containing tretinoin) or exfoliants on the area to be
treated for one week.
- Avoid Accutane (or isotretinoin products) for 6 months prior.
- Let your practitioner know if you have a history of hyperpigmentation.
- You must notify the technician if you have had any cosmetic tattooing on or near the area to be
- Photosensitizing medications including doxycycline and minocycline should be discontinued three
days prior to the treatment.
- Anticipate a social “down–time” of 2-5 days before any redness, swelling, and sloughing of the
sunspots have subsided.
On the day of your appointment:
- Come to your appointment with a clean face- remove all makeup if the area to be treated is the face.
- If applicable, dress so that you may modestly expose the treatment area.
Post Treatment Care:
You may have a mild sunburn (burning) sensation following the treatment that is usually gone
within a few hours. Skin redness is normal and may last a few days. There may be a slight amount
of swelling. Crusting or blistering is uncommon and not serious. Pigmented areas may begin to
flake after a few days.
- Cold compresses may be useful for the first 24 hours.
- Your skin will be fragile for 2-3 days.
- Use gentle cleansers, do not rub the skin, and avoid hot water during this time. Do not use your
automatic cleaning exfoliants or a loofah for one week.
- Do not use any retinoids, tretinoins, alpha or beta hydroxy products, vitamin C products, scrub,
exfoliate, or have chemical peels performed on the areas treated area for one week
- Makeup can be applied immediately
(if the skin is not broken) we recommend mineral-based makeup.
- Avoid the sun and use sunscreen. We recommend SPF 35 or higher.
- Avoid excessive heat or friction to the treated area (heavy exercise, saunas).
**NOTE: Sun spots and age spots will DARKEN with the IPL treatments BEFORE they begin to respond and
resolve. This is expected and a normal part of the IPL process. Do not pick these spots once they
become dry. They will lift and fall off on their own.**