The Perfect Derma Peel™: Post Care
Post- Peel Instructions:
Days 1 – 2:
The treated area will feel tight and may appear slightly darker.
- The day of the peel application is “Day 1.” The peel solution should remain on the treated areas for at least 6
- During the first 6 hours, do not wash, touch, rub, or apply make-up to the treated area.
- The Perfect Derma Moisturizer with 1% hydrocortisone (included in Patient Home Care Kit) may be used after 6 hours if:
• The skin feels excessively irritated
• Patient is Fitzpatrick Type 4-6 or has melasma or hyperpigmentation
• Either Perfect Derma booster was added to the peel treatment
- If you are not experiencing any irritation or discomfort, the peel solution can remain on until your evening
cleansing or it may be left on overnight.
Day 2 (AM):
- Gently wash and dry the treated area.
- Vigorously apply the 1st Post-Peel Towelette to the treated areas. Let
- Towelette solution should be left on for 30 minutes before applying an SPF 30 or above.
- Makeup may be applied if desired.
Day 2 (PM):
- 30-60 minutes before bedtime, gently wash and dry the treated area.
- Vigorously apply the 2nd Post Peel
Towelette to the treated areas.
- Leave the solution on overnight.
- If you are experiencing excessive irritation or
discomfort, apply a small amount of The Perfect Derma Moisturizer 2-3 times daily.
- You may also apply a cold
compress against the irritated area for relief.
- If there is no significant irritation, do not use any moisturizing
products on the treated areas until peeling begins (usually Day 3).
- Avoid excessive sweating, sauna or heavy
exercise during peel process.
Days 3-6: Peeling generally begins on Day 3.
- After peeling begins, apply The Perfect Derma Moisturizer (included in the Patient Home Care
Kit) to the treated areas 2-3 times a day to control the peeling and relieve the tightness.
- This moisturizer should be used for 1-2 weeks for Caucasian patients and 2-3 weeks for Asian,
Hispanic and African American patients.
- If The Perfect Derma Moisturizer runs out, a 1%
hydrocortisone cream may be substituted.
- Do not rub, pick or pull on the peeling skin, let the
peeling occur naturally. Rubbing, picking or pulling may cause scarring.
- Gently wash (do not scrub) and dry the treated area morning and night, and apply The Perfect
Derma Moisturizer as needed. An SPF 30 or above should be applied every 2 hours during sun
Days 7 and After: The peeling process is generally complete.
- Mild sloughing may still be occurring in some treated areas. Continue to protect the skin with
an SPF 30 or above.